One Day Basketball Camp
While the One Day Camp is far from a beginner level camp, it is the first camp we recommend attending in the OtterBasketball program. The Day Camp is the cornerstone in the OtterBasketball curriculum and all other camps build off of what is taught in this camp. This camp is recommended for new players and returning players because it consistently reinforces the importance of having a solid foundation and focuses on OtterBasketball's Efficiency of Movement techniques, which is vital to a player's success against more athletic players. This camp is co-ed and is open to all ages of players that are experienced and serious. It's hard to put an age limit on this camp because we feel it's important for young players to be introduced to these concepts as early as possible yet high school and college age players benefit greatly as well. We ask that players younger than 4th grade do not attend this camp unless they have experience with the OtterBasketball program through Virtual Kids Training and are ready to advance.
Players will learn:
- How to develop a solid foundation with proper alignment and posture
- Ball handling while maintaining good athletic stance while stretching dribble angles and fluctuation of dribble speed
- How to develop rhythm, foot speed and agility in our Level I Jump Rope program
- Efficiency of Movement concepts that will help players maximize their athleticism and have success against bigger, more athletic players
- Making Reads on the Defense and learning dribble location pertaining to situations of where the defense is located
- Proper practice techniques, so players do not waste time in the gym
- Game implementation examples, so players understand exactly why they are doing the drill
- Triple Threat and primary pivot into a 1-2 step
- Demonstration of OtterBasketball's first 4 steps of their shot development program
Coach Otter is present at all camps and will demonstrate and dissect each drill so that players understand why they are doing it and how it applies in a game situation. Each segment of the camp builds on the last. Players will understand why jumping rope reinforces their shooting gate and ties directly into their movement, how the stationary ball handling drills will allow players the ability to be more explosive and cover more ground with the ball.
The One Day basketball camps are conducted in either a 5-Hour or 7-Hour format or may be expanded into a Two Day Camp. The Day camp requires a minimum of 30 students and the maximum is usually 60, but determined by space availability. Rates vary, but are typically $90-$100 per player. Coaches or parents that are interested in hosting a One Day Camp may contact Christy@otterbasketball.com or call 866-357-2966.