12 tips to leadership
12 Tips to Leadership
- Sacrifice-As a leader you have to be willing to do the things that other people are not willing to do at all times. “Stay disciplined”
- Work Ethic-Work hard and become a leader be lazy and become a slave Proverbs 12:24. You must be the hardest worker in your program and everyone should know it by your actions.
- Communication-You must find ways to open the lines of communication with your coaches and teammates in a positive way.
- Responsibility-You have to hold yourself accountable before you can ever hold anyone else accountable
- Confidence-“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians. Anything is possible but you and your teammates must believe before you can succeed.
- Passion-Leading with passion is a decision however passion can’t be faked. It must be genuine and from the heart.
- Emotional Intelligence-Emotional Intelligence must be practiced in every part of your life to truly grow in this area. A leader can't be overly emotional in most situations it creates chaos.
- Respect & Loyalty-Respect must be earned. Once you gain other people respect and loyalty will follow with it. We must treat our coaches and teammates with respect at all times even when we may not be treated respectfully in our minds.
- Mental Toughness-Toughness is making sacrifices that go unnoticed for our god, family, country, and team. It is not doing things that get us noticed.
- Intelligence-You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to be a great leader but you do have to know the content.
- Planning-You have to have a plan always. No one follows someone without a map that is always lost.
- Faith-Our strongest leaders in this country were men of faith. Faith gives us a foundation to lead through the good and the bad.