10 Tips to Playing with Confidence
- Preparation-Always make sure that you have prepped for the game. Know your opponents strengths and weaknesses as well as yours and play to them.
- Don’t Doubt Yourself-Never doubt yourself. Put yourself and your teammates in situations for success hard to do when you doubt your skill set.
- Don’t Over Analyze Mistakes-Don’t over focus on mistakes learn from them and move past them much like a good quarterbacks do when he throws a interception.
- Have Faith(keep the game in perspective)-It is important through tuff times that we have a deep faith that reaches far beyond basketball God has a plan for us all.
- Use Visualization-Visualization techniques are proven. Research them and use them before practice and the game.
- Have a Routine-Routines have been found to help players settle in and play to their ability but do not be superstitious.
- Be Vocal-Talking to teammates and being positive is a good way to get through the emotional mind blocks that negative thinking can cause.
- Have Knowledge-Know your teams system as well as your coach. Study video about the system so you can direct players positively in the game. Knowledge breads confidence.
- Be Disciplined-Discipline is very overlooked when people talk about confidence. Knowing that you are more disciplined than your opponents on and off the court will give you confidence.
- Understand How to Deal with Adversity-Understand how to deal with tuff situations by controlling your emotions and approaching them in an educated way.